Monday, July 12, 2010

20100712 Introduction to the ROAD KILL Blog




This blog is all things ROAD KILL, the movie script, novel, and attempts to get both sold, published, and produced.

ROAD KILL is a mystery thriller about how a small-town Sheriff deals with a series of brutal killings in rural Virginia. Jax Hayes is struggling to win re-election in this climate of change, only to have bodies start stacking up in the morgue. He’s a man of action, dry wit, and simple tastes, going up against a longtime rival who is attempting to cement his monopoly on the state highway construction business.

The tale is told in the style of one of my favorite writers, the late Robert Parker. His Jesse Stone series and others inspired me to tell my stories stripped down to the bare essentials, great characters, action, and wry conversations.

ROAD KILL actually began life as a screenplay, which I adapted to a novel. That’s backwards. I’ll go into that with the blog.
The novel is complete. After I get some things tweaked, I’ll be publishing it. I’ll go into how that’s done here. It’s my first time, so we can share the journey.
Keep checking back, and if you like it, click the Follow button on the page.

Thanks!

Mark E. Poole

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Mark. I hope it is a short and rewarding journey!

    Pulling for you from Central VA (I'll know who to send the police to if our murder rate shoots up :-)

    ReplyDelete